A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 7 January 2022

Walk through the Coney Banks

 

So on the first off-Friday of 2022 I took a wander along to the Coney Banks with Tedster and the new Olympus Tough TG-6 to put it through it's paces.

It was a chilly but sunny winters day and the sunlight on these dead leaves caught my eye. Lightroom editing has enabled me to bring out the golden hues of the leaves in contrast to the cold background.

Typically I used the camera set to P mode (Av mode is a tad weird) at ISO 800 to force the camera to choose narrower apertures, switching back into Av mode for F2.8 and winding back the ISO to accommodate the extra light when necessary. The camera is essentially an F2 at the wide end of the zoom which is pretty rare for a compact and indeed of all those I looked in to none of the others went as wide. Good for low light.

Really enjoyed using the camera, even the fill-flash for a selfie of me and Tedster which an FEC of -1EV worked really well. Had to kind of point and guess where I was in the frame but it has face tracking so it found me easily enough.

All in all I was very happy with the shots I took and it's performance. definitely looking forward to using this more, especially on the less nice days.

No comments: