A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 3 January 2022

Olympus Tough TG-6

 

As I didn't necessarily buy myself much for Christmas, I ended up purchasing the above, all weather compact after much deliberation. Had seen it in a brochure which came with a photography newspaper I subscribe to and kept looking at it online and thinking about the nuisance that comes with trying to use cameras in the rain and generally damp weather. None of my cameras are waterproof and don't have weather sealing, unlike the more expensive, professional models.

So after more research into all-weather compacts and reviews of said items Mr Amazon delivered me this little beauty 😍 Opted for the red, black being the only alternative and whilst I don't intend to test out the 15m waterproof capability anytime soon I am more confident using this if the weather is bad. It's also got some interesting modes, one of which is microscope. Limited to an aspect ration of 3:2 it's like photographing with a magnifying glass on the front!

This was my first test with it, ice on the outside of the porch window the other morning. Pretty impressed with it's 1cm focusing distance and you can still utilise the 4x optical zoom capability to get in closer still.

Of course it has numerous underwater scene modes and it has things such as focus stacking which might be worth a play sometime.

All in all as I slowly get to grips with using it I'm mightily impressed. Bring on the rain ☔


No comments: