A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 14 January 2022

Visit with Mum


So this off-Friday saw another chilly but sunny day so headed along to the crematorium to have a "chat" with Mum and took the TG-6 along to take some snaps along the way.


This was probably one of the favourites of the few I shot, like the overall coolness of this image contrasted with the white of the leaf edges and the frost on them.

Stood by Mum's tree and recorded my natter as usual on my diary app, that way I can play them back when I want to. On the way back from calling along to the picnic site I dropped in to visit an old friend. She was just about to take a walk so we walked and talked all the way along to the Bridgewood Hotel where we parted company. Was uber good to catch up with her as I'd missed the opportunity for a chat before Christmas when she was dropping off cards as Mr Tesco was delivering my groceries at the time. Not seen her since my Dad's 80th birthday party and given she's in a vulnerable category with Covid-19 I have been reluctant to swing by just in case. But we're going to meet up again next time I'm over that way.


This was another of my favs from the morning, just about caught the road empty of cars when I clicked the shutter. Tried in Lightroom to further accentuate the warmth of the sun on the trees opposite me and the coolness of the road and my side of it. Also managed to miss the works truck which was slowly driving along the road hand washing the road signs - what a job...

No comments: