A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 4 September 2021

"Uni" Blanket Complete!!

 

So this is sections of the crochet blanket I started back when Julia was off to Uni as something to have from home...

Sadly my interest in this waned over the next 12 years - shocking I know, and I've only recently picked it up again and decided to finally complete it. Not as a blanket for her bed, it's a bit old fashioned for that, but maybe something to keep for any little Baileys that might come along.

Having done another few rows of the treble crochets I used YouTube to figure out the best way to edge it knowing that ultimately I wanted a fan edge. Found a good, clear video which showed me what to do, so a couple of rows of white, plain half trebles I think they were called (yarn through all three loops at the same time) I then switched to a baby blue wool for the fan edge.

I'm so proud that I've finally completed it, it's only the second blanket I've made, the first being one I made for my own bed when my Nan Alice decided to help me learn crochet as knitting was waayy too difficult.

Popped it round to Julia and James who were pleased to have it for any potential little ones. Other than that it'll make a bit of a lap warmer or something ;-)

No comments: