A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 23 September 2021

That Time Of Year Again!

So Thursday saw the tractor rock up for the annual cut of the fields opposite my house. Last year we had a weird van with a cutter attached to the front to do the job, but this year normal service has been resumed 🚜

Watched as this youngish looking guy poodled around the fields, he didn't look old enough to drive a car let alone a tractor! Sitting there lotus style on the seat in just his shorts and trainers. I'm guessing there's little in the way of foot controls in a tractor???

Anyhoo he's cut everything but not yet baled it up - so there's a raft of long cut grass and wild flowers to wade through if one ventures a walk over there. Poor Anne is likely to bring most of it home stuck to her fur if she's let loose over there!

Even the bottom field past the Scouts Hut has been trimmed so that's out of bounds for her too!

It marks the end of the summer though and is a yearly tradition, like the Santa Run, so it was good to see the tractor back rather than last year's makeshift attempt to trim it.

 

No comments: