A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Wednesday 8 September 2021

New Lamp Post???

 

So saw a street lighting contractor rock up this morning and place these barriers around where the old, damaged lamp post got removed from. Given how long it's been MIA I'm really hopeful that this signifies that it will be replaced sooner rather than later.

It's like the black hole of Calcutta outside of an evening and the remaining lights fail abysmally to light the area outside of my house to any useful degree. Mainly because they are now the new LED variety which illuminate downwards and in very little other directions.

Tried to ring the Council to try and ascertain when exactly they would be looking to replace it. I appreciate that it's possibly the subject of an insurance claim given that it was a car that took it out back in June, but even so with winter not that far away and the clocks changing next month I was keen to find out how much longer we'd have to wait. In the end I abandoned the call, fed up with pressing numbers all the time to wend my way through the myriad of options - how come no one ever just answers the phone anymore?? Interestingly I found no email address on their Contact Us page, just the phone number and postal address. Wasn't sure I wanted to waste a stamp just yet so decided to wait a bit longer. Hopefully now I won't have to put pen to paper and ask when are you fixing the light?

The fencing was fixed some time ago now and then I thought weyhey they will do the lamp too, but sadly not. Just two wooden posts, no real substitute for the old concrete ones they replaced, were unceremoniously cemented into the holes and the wire fence reattached.

Let's hope the local drivers are a little more careful when they drive down the road in allowing time to meet oncoming traffic. The fact that there is a mahousive SLOW sign painted across the road exactly where this lamp seems to keep being hit is somewhat ironic.

No comments: