A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 22 August 2020

More Goldie Fun

 So, in spite of the heavy showers this morning Tedster and I braved the rain to go mooch down to the Coney Banks and took the Goldie infrared camera along for a spin.

Saw this deflated football lying on one of the paths and took a low shot. Somewhat ad hoc framing as the camera is too old for luxury like a flip screen, so it was more point and hope!

Used the revised pink Lightroom preset and then having played around with the calibration settings on another image of some graffiti on a side hoarding, I created a virtual copy of this image, applied the purple tweak and then brought both images into Photoshop to allow me to use the purple image to just colour the football. Really like this effect although it's time consuming and so not appropriate for the number of photos I take when I'm out and about! As I said on Facebook, any colours within these colourful infrared images isn't real, obviously, and so creative license isn't held back in any way because you can pretty much do whatever you want to them, colour wise.

Some people tend to leave them as they come out of the camera with the cyan foliage and brown skies, but I've seen all manner of other combinations, purple/green and blue/yellow to name but a few. There are quite a few filter options out there for anyone interested in conversions, or you can opt to go full spectrum and use an external filter to dictate what the camera captures. All good fun and brings a different viewpoint to one's photography.

No comments: