A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 14 August 2020

Coney Banks

 So on this week's off Friday, as the weather had thankfully cooled down, Tedster and I took a mooch along to the Coney Banks again, to walk the hillside which was too hot to do last week.

Think I am starting to remember the route ;-)

Couple of photos off the moby plus one of the obligatory selfies that are so much a part of our lives now. Even I have stopped feeling stupid shouting "Smile" at my phone in order to trigger the shutter when I cannot easily touch the screen shutter!

Saw some more evidence of a recent fire up near the top, no idea whether it was deliberate or not, but suspect, sadly, the answer is yes.

Think that the kids, teens especially have been off school for too long this year and they are so bored they end up causing trouble in their surroundings. And parenting is not like it used to be, for some anyway, kids being dragged up with no sense of right and wrong and no respect, for themselves, for their parents, for anyone really. They have been allowed to think the world revolves around them and that somehow the world owes them a living. I fear that when they finally emerge into the "Big Wide World" they are going to receive a mahousive shock that actually they are waayy down on the rungs of the ladder and in order to have all that cool stuff that Mummy & Daddy have been buying them they are going to have to WORK hard. Sadly for them they will have wasted their school years and realise that a continued education costs money.

No comments: