A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 7 August 2020

Long Time No See!!

 Wow, it's been ages since I wrote anything to this blog - in fact it's only because I've been overhauling the website to migrate it to Google's New Sites that I stumbled across the blog link ;-)

The website looks a bit more modern I guess given the lack of themes etc. on the new Google Sites but it will suffice. I've updated it for the Texas Moon Fancy Dress and tidied up the pages as they migrated across and looked a little untidy.

Probably ought to have lots of time on my hands these days what with working part-time now and also from home given the advent of Covid-19 and everyone going into Lockdown on the 24th March :-( Schools closed, shops closed along with pubs and restaurants and shock, horror, even work closed for 48hr whilst they decided what to do about the situation 😱 In the 30+ years I've worked there, they have never, ever shut their doors and I didn't expect to see it during my lifetime there. But close they did and now 2/3rds of us are working from home leaving those who have to go into work to do so as safely as possible.

I've had one visit back to the Dockyard since it reopened 25th July, was bitterly disappointed that my usual Off Fridays have been so drastically curtailed by events but needs must I guess. Every trip I'd booked with Chalkwell has either been postponed or canceled and I cannot see much improvement for the run down to winter and Christmas. No idea what will happen to those favourites such as the firework evenings or seeing Santa for the little ones but somehow I'm half expecting them to be binned off this year, which is sad.

Most of us are supposed to be wearing masks (face coverings) when indoors shopping, seeing the Dr, whatever, but inevitably there are and always will be those who don't comply which ends up annoying the rest of us who at least try and make the effort. Social distancing is a dance around other people when you're out and about trying not to get within 1m+ of them or better still 2m. That is something I find uber annoying because I feel like I'm always the one having to make the effort to move instead of it being more of a two-way street. And I gotta say, hats off to those people who wear masks every day in their line of work - I HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOU DO IT - THEY ARE DISGUSTING TO WEAR!! You end up all soggy and hot and don't even get me started on glasses fogging up. Glasses were never designed for masks! It's like wearing that scarf up across your mouth that your Mum always said you should do in the winter to keep warm. It's gross.

The only positive this year so far is my daughter and son-in-law in the throes of moving house - exciting times.

I feel like I'm getting old faster and faster - at 55yrs young I'm now permanently hypothyroid following RAI treatment for hyperthyroidism and on life long medication. Something that still feels totally weird when I dutifully take my little white pill every morning. It's not like I would croak straightaway without it but given enough time I would eventually peg it, hence the free prescriptions. Which as it happens could be a blessing given that I now also have high cholesterol (something which isn't helped by hypothyroidism) and have now literally been put on statins. It's only a matter of time before the pills start building up...

At least over Lockdown I have tried to keep my hand in with the photography and feel quite chuffed at what I have managed to achieve. To help the famalam, along with our weekly video calls, we also have a weekly photo challenge and that has been a very good way to keep the creativeness ticking along.

Right, best publish this before it turns into War & Peace - think I'm going to have to try and keep this up.

No comments: