A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 8 October 2023

New Decking Furniture!

 


So this is the new decking furniture for next year - a compact, bottle shaped stacking set for two which quite frankly, considering it's just me, myself & I most of the time, is plenty big enough.

The existing set will have a new home next Spring at Chez Bailey.

This is much easier to manoeuvre on and off the decking, I can easily do it on my own, no need to call in the cavalry to help plus it will take up far less space in the garage during the winter months.

For now it's allowing me to also enjoy this last minute.com Autumn sunshine:


Table is still wrapped in it's protective cellophane but it looks good on the decking, is easily moved around with the sun and seems low enough to the ground to prevent a build up of leaves underneath. Also I quite enjoy the decking being less crowded, I'll still pop the bistro table and chair up there no doubt next Summer but for now I can pop one of these chairs up there whenever there's enough sun and time to sit up there for a while.

Which is where I spent most of this afternoon :-)

Ordered a bespoke cylindrical cover to pop over it when stored away for the winter, gonna get a folding crate to hold all the knicknacks and lights for next year and then I should be able to store it all in a much smaller space next year. Maybe two crates given all the stuff I have!

And this time around I went for the grey rather than the black (which is in fact a charcoal grey) as I think it stands out a bit more than the darker colour plus you can more easily see the striped effect. Whilst the little cushions are handy for aesthetics in reality there isn't really the room for a back cushion - more useful to create a good photo and ambiance than practical.

Anyways, uber pleased with the latest purchase and I look forward to using it in earnest next year. 


No comments: