A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 3 October 2023

First Dahlia Flower 😍

 

So this is the first dahlia flower I've had from my five tuber varieties I planted way back in the early part of the year. This is Lucca Johanna and is only the second plant to have grown and survived being eaten by whatever.

Considering how much I love dahlias and how expensive the tubers were to buy I am considerably disappointed in what has actually managed to grow and more importantly flower.

The front garden tuber has been dug up and I may offload the others, at least two more, to my Dad who seems to have a better time in growing them. If I'm going to have a pot plant I'd rather it be a hydrangea than a dahlia at this rate.

I'd such high hopes for these plants, imagining them flowering all over the summer and filling my garden with bursts of colour. Sadly that's not been the case. Some never grew at all (I admit to planting a couple upside-down) and the rest were methodically picked off by the local wildlife. Definitely buying the pukka slug pellets next year, no more of this watered down "kind to everything" variety. I'm sick of the buggers eating my plants like they are some sort of private salad bar 😭

Lets hope I have better luck with the Spring Bulbs!


No comments: