A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 29 May 2023

Bank Holiday Weekend!

 


Friday saw me potting up the new geraniums to replace the rather ratty aubretia which doesn't seem to be doing very well. Got two plants up at Home Bargains for £1.79 each, one white and possibly the other red.

Also snipped off the old bulb leaves and stalks and planted some seeds, candytuft and phlox I believe. Hopefully these will give me some summer colour in the yard with the bulbs still there for next spring.

Saturday we were back at Chez Bailey with James completing the wall with Dad, minus the steps, and the rest of us trying to manoeuvre the dirt around the garden and fill the gap between the wall and the garden with some hardcore. It was the usual crew, Julia and James, obviously, me, Dad and Dima. Not sure what happened to Julia's Dad's "promise" to come help in the garden, reckon it's fallen flat like every other promise he's ever made.

Sunday afternoon saw me open up part of the decking in the form of the new bistro set which I bought towards the end of last season. "Safina" is a folding table and chairs, much easier to move around from the decking to the garage for winter storage and much more comfortable seats.

And this morning, Julia and James popped down to help move the main furniture back up onto the decking ready for summer - which has promptly resulted in it being too cold and windy to sit outside although I did risk it for a short while before lunch!

All in all a busy weekend, at least the weather has stayed dry and mostly sunny but there's been a very annoying and cold breeze which has made it rather unpleasant at times.

Almost back to the dining room table for work tomorrow.

No comments: