A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 4 June 2023

Hurstwood Woods

 


So this Off Friday I took the TG-6 and Tedster along for a mooch around Hurstwood Woods for an hour or two.

Not a bad wander around and sat in the sun for a while with a squash and a milky-way. Lost my way up to the higher tier through the woods, thought it was the main steps up where there's a fork in the pathway but that leads up to the road so had to backtrack and it's the first set of steps. You can't easily get down onto the lower level along the far end, well for me anyway, without a trekking pole, or two, to help steady my footing so walked back the way I came and then back through the usual route.

This is one where I've utilised the soft focus setting on the TG-6 - quite like the somewhat ethereal effect although they usually need darkening down as it tends to set the exposure too high. Or maybe it's because I usually have the ISO set to 800? Might have to experiment next time!

The rest of the weekend was spent pottering about in the garden, trying to salvage the dahlias from being eaten by something. Cut up an old Vimto bottle and used it to pop over the top of the plant until I could get some slug pellets. Bloody snails or whatever keep nibbling at them. So far the one in the front garden and one from the back garden are MIA so gonna be a bit miffed if they don't grow. And got the first blooms out on the geraniums, the white ones have flowered. The "red?" is growing well but no buds as yet but hopefully soon?


No comments: