A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 21 May 2023

Building a Wall and Block Laying

 

So this weekend has seen Dad and me up at Julia and James's, along with their friend Dima, laying blocks for the garden wall and in Julia and my case, gardening and laying blocks out front to produce a larger parking area and less garden.

It's been hard work, especially for the boys, but so worthwhile. Happy to help them achieve their aims in the garden. Just as well though that I have a sedentary job ;-)


This is part of the block laying out front, a semi before and after although there are some triangular areas to get bricks cut for - that'll be a job for James.


And this is the back garden with the wall coming together nicely. Steps still to be done and then the soil to be rotavated before being moved around to bring it in line with the top of the wall, almost, and then turfed. More grass for Annie and places to plant their rose collection amongst other new plants such as lavender and some other evergreens.

Can't quite believe how much we have collectively achieved over the weekend.


No comments: