A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 17 March 2023

New Garden Edging!

 

So this Off Friday, despite the crap weather, saw me initially and then Dad too, replacing the old brick wall border with a new brick style edging made from recycled tyres.

The edging fixes with it's own spikes driven through the "bricks" at strategic points along its length.

I opted for the brown to better mimic the bricks that had been there before but they do a grey too.

I started digging out the old bricks not necessarily realising that the up turned bricks were also fixed to a horizontal layer. Still I got most of them loose and stacked what I could nearby as they were becoming too heavy to lift.

Dad came over with his tool bag and long crowbar type pole which he used to lever the remaining bricks out of the ground. He broke the bricks up into smaller parts which have been stacked in the garage as potential hardcore for Julia and James's garden makeover and we proceeded to level the soil and then position the new edging.

By the end of the afternoon it was all in place, bang tidy and ready for me to plant the dahlias on Saturday morning. Oh and replant the uprooted bluebells.


No comments: