A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 12 March 2023

Busy Weekend!

 

Had a busy Friday trawling through old camera magazines before getting them ready for the recycling. I keep the video links page but usually bin off the rest, I have a cupboard full of old photo mag CDs and cut-outs but to be truthful, when I'm looking for help, I usually turn to YouTube instead! So it's time for a clear out.

Saturday morning saw me wander up to collect my prescription before taking a few snaps of the daffodils growing up on the main road by the pub. I love these happy flowers - have I said that before? Probably, on lots of occasions!

Saturday afternoon was spent planting Lucifer Crocosmia in the back garden and some dwarf alliums in a trough which I've stood outside the yard wall for a splash of colour in front of the garage once they've flowered. The collage below also shows the other bulbs sprouting up, mainly Bluebells and grape hyacinths in different colours, oh and some baby daffs I think 🤔


Sunday and it was back out in the garage to start painting my Mum's Garden sign ready for the garden re-opening, tidying up the washing line pole hold cover and clearing out the sedum from the front garden because it looks pretty bad during the winter months now that the bracts fail to form properly. I've popped a Dynamite Dahlia in between me and my neighbour and the other space will be filled with some spare hellebores that Dad is looking to get rid of. One of each colour (two) should be enough to fill the gap nicely with room to grow.

Used some clay pebbles to mark the spot where the dahlia has been planted just so I don't forget, the garden sign I've left one letter clear to hold it by for painting the rest, it's going to need a few coats, but might have to find something to hang it up on to paint it completely if it's starting to take too long...

It's been good to be outside for a change, weather was milder today (Sunday) but even yesterday a winter coat kept me warm enough whilst pottering outside. Used the bulb planter yesterday, never owned one before but they are awesome, made the job sooo easy! And my revamped garage space is excellent for pottering around in now that it's clean and dry, all my tools readily to hand. Gonna look out for a table (folding) to allow me to work when I need somewhere to lay things or for painting items or whatever I need to do. Want something that will fold away out of the way when I'm not using it but is high enough to stand up at to work.

All in all another good weekend, very productive and a decent way of breaking away from the nause of work at the moment, although things are falling into place, finally. I can see the end of the tunnel approaching :-)


No comments: