A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 17 December 2022

Crafting

 

Started prepping to make some cardboard snowflakes on Thursday, my first day off on the Christmas break. Painted the outside using some stick paints bought in The Works. Downside was that the cardboard is pretty stiff to try and bend into shape and the glue dots weren't all that sticky but this was the first attempt:

This was before it all started to pop back open and fall apart! Ended up having to staple most of it together as best I could but an 8cm square as the starting point doesn't allow for much room even though I have a Bambi baby stapler. Began to think that making these using a rather stiff paper might work better and to also start with a slightly bigger square.

This was my second attempt, using two sheets of A4 paper, cut into roughly 10cm squares which was enough to produce two snowflakes:

Much easier to manoeuvre the paper this time around and no painting first! I also used the staples right away rather than risk the glue dots again although they should have worked better on the paper.

Crafting isn't really my thing but I'd seen the YouTube video for making these and thought they looked like good fun to make, and once I got into the second round they were quite therapeutic. Kept me occupied for a while ;-)


No comments: