A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 22 May 2022

Having a Clear Out!

 

So Friday being a wet & miserable day I decided to have a bit of a clear out of the handbags. Had spent some time looking through my stash for a suitable bag to carry into the office my non-laptop stuff, handbag bits, lunch, pac-a-mac etc. So quite a big ask given the crap I insist on taking with me ;-)

Found that some of the older items were beginning to break down, the surface peeling away from the backing fabric - not sure quite why that happens? Obviously I knew they weren't leather and not every "cheap" bag does this, but many seem to, including most of the Anna Smith bags I purchased some years ago through eBay.

So found a canvas bag that seemed to be big enough to carry all my crap in it and left the rest to sort out - today.

The photo shows the possible items that Julia is going to take to try and sell online, a wide selection and not all are in mint condition, far from it, but they might do someone a turn for a couple of quid!

And in fact today, Sunday, I went through my footwear, you know, all the pairs of shoes/sandals I've bought which felt OK in the store but much less comfortable once I got them home 😭

Found a pair of shoes, a couple of pairs of sandals and two pairs of winter boots that again she can try to flog.

Feels good to make some room although I still have enough bags left to fill the two drawers under the bed 🤣 And that's not counting the myriad of Mia Tui bags hanging in the wardrobe that are my recent purchases! Plus what might still be lurking up in the loft.

Gotta love a handbag, they always fit 🤣


No comments: