A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 27 May 2022

Gaia - By Day and By Night

 


Friday 27th May saw me, Dad & Tedster pop down to see the new Gaia exhibition at Rochester Cathedral, a bit like the Moon but this time it's us - the Earth.

Very interesting, the globe rotates around constantly - a bit like us I guess and I think the images that make it up come from NASA.

Very interesting albeit my geography is pretty poor so had to resort to Google Maps to point out some land masses and in particular the different seas - more of them than I thought! Dad was much better than me at figuring out what was what! To be honest the UK is too high up to see it from the ground level, you almost need either a mirror above or to be able to reach the balcony that runs around the top of the Cathedral.

We stopped for tea and cake in the cafe in the crypt and when I got home we booked a couple of evening tickets to see it illuminated...

So this is Gaia at Night, lit up inside the Cathedral, I think it was the better way to view it. The day tickets were free but you had to still book a timed slot and the evening tickets were £4 for an adult. Well worth seeing it at night although it will soon be packed up and moved onto the next venue.

The Cathedral makes for quite an iconic place for these sorts of exhibits - Dad reckons with all the latest interest in Mars, that it could be the next one we see on display!


No comments: