A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 27 March 2022

Mother's Day @ The Yard

 

So an even better Mother's Day for 2022 now that the threat of Covid-19 is receding and restrictions have been lifted. This year Julia, Tedster and I headed down to The Dockyard for a mooch around with the cameras - well my camera and Julia's iPhone 😉

The weather was our downer this year, you can't do much about crappy weather, having had a pretty good sunny week it turned rather miserable on Sunday and so we delayed our leaving time until after lunch in the hopes of avoiding the damp.

Which we succeeded in doing, still chilly and breezy but dry - thankfully. I took the Olympus TG-6 all weather camera along too, just in case, but it was dry enough for the M50. 

This is us up in Slip 3 - The Big Space. My most favourite part of the Yard. It is a truly iconic building, like a boat that is upside down. Good to be up there before the kids invade for the Easter Doc Yard Shenanigans. 

Good to spend quality time with my girl too, we had a lovely afternoon tea last year as we were in a support bubble and so were allowed to spend time together, the year before, 2020, I spent the day alone - one of the loneliest Mother's Days I've ever had 😭

No comments: