A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Christmas Lights!

 

So Tuesday evening saw Dad and me pop out for a walk around the estate taking some photos of the very festive lights.

A chilly, frosty evening but we got some good ones I think. Hard sometimes when they are so widely spread and most of the image is dark. This little sleigh was perched atop a motorhome, love these inflatable characters, there are a few around the estate. They seem to need constant blowing up though as without it they tend to start drooping ;-)

Took the M50 out on a monopod but not too sure how much that actually helped! I'm not a tripod kind of girl, preferring to handhold and crank up the ISO.


Here's an accidental "arty" one, after having to change out the battery with my camera fixed in a chunky L bracket the lens seemed, for a brief moment, to be fussy about actually focusing. I must have pressed the shutter anyway and boom this is what it captured! Really like this bokeh effect.


And this final one is yet another arty take, shot through the front wall bushes of the gorgeous warm white lights which adorned this house.



No comments: