A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 21 May 2021

Up & Down Week

 

So my week started off on a high in the form of having Annie spend the day with me in the home office whilst Julia & James went into work. Easier her being at my house for treats and wee breaks rather than having to wander up the road to let her out. Treats are more easily covered by the myriad of Kong toys she has which are normally dotted around the house for her to find, certainly the frozen variety lasting a lot longer than the rest. Just think of them kind of like a doggie ice-cream 😋 I took her for a whistle-stop walk after work in amongst the hail and rain and then James popped in to walk her home. She kept me company and no doubt my telephone callers entertained whilst she bashed her planet Kong against the legs of my chair trying to encourage the treats to come out 🤣

My week finished on a low note when we said goodbye to a special lady, my Step-Mum Margaret, at Medway Crematorium on Thursday. As these things go it was a poignant and very well delivered service by a lovely lady celebrant, Kathryn Sansom, who obviously gleaned all she needed to know about Margaret from our Zoom meeting with her and managed to sound as though she had known her, no easy feat when she didn't even meet us until the day! My brother and I managed to share the reading of one of the poems and despite the sad occasion it was good to meet up with the famalam for the first time since C-19 struck. I like to think we did her proud on the service and helped to celebrate her very full 90 years of life. Not something that everyone can claim but something we should all aspire to.

T Allen, the funeral service people, were the very epitome of respectfulness and we thank them for their quiet support and courtesy on the day. Last mention goes to Donna from Orchid Memories for the amazing order of service that she produced and printed for us based on some Photoshop drafts I'd generated from her sample files.

Despite C-19 and people not being able to meet to help us to organise things I think they/we did the best we could to bring everything together for the day. Even the weather stayed dry for as long as it needed to, which considering how awful May has been and indeed how crap it has been today, was a small miracle in itself.
 

No comments: