A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 22 May 2021

PowerBI

 

So, have spent the day playing with PowerBI on my camera data... Bit of a two-pronged reason. Firstly I wanted a better way than Excel to dice and slice my camera info because I like to know these statistical types of info. And secondly I have a PDR objective to pen some notes for the team to be able to use it 😊

Got to say it is MUCH easier when using your own data, something you have generated and therefore totally understand what is in it. Plus you gotta have a reasonable idea of what it is you actually want to see in the visuals. Like I say easier when it's your own information.

So the image above is a first and last year look, my data currently only runs from 2017 through to 2021, and no I'm not going back any further! In 2017 I can clearly see that most of my camera usage was my trusty DSLRs, whereas things have changed and now it's my mirrorless picking up the baton. And 2021 is still a work in progress.

In the interim years it's a slow migration from the DSLRs to my compacts in the form of the TZ70 and later the TZ90. In 2020 my mobile picked up 26% of my usage, probably all those local walks...

And my Deep B&W compact accounts for 70% of the Infrared images I take.

All this myriad of data has come from Lightroom I may add, thank goodness it makes you import images thus providing a comprehensive database even if extracting that info is a somewhat mandraulic affair.

See - metrics that are useful to me and much easier to find that kind of granularity out using PowerBI - it's like Excel on steroids 🤣

No comments: