A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 1 November 2020

Firework Memories...

 

Thought I would post a memory from Leeds Castle Fireworks from 2018, a) because Covid-19 has put paid to any firework celebrations this year, including the local Scouts Fireworks do and b) because we got rained out last year for Leeds Castle and it was cancelled at the last minute due to the crap weather. I love fireworks, especially these big displays and Leeds Castle is definitely one of the best. Everything choreographed to music it is very well done although now in their efforts to protect the Castle itself it's turned in to a two part show with some being let off by the Castle as you can see here and the others much farther over to the left hand side. This particular year Julia and I set up our photo camp just by the professional photography "paddock" and fortunately for us being so close by they moved the security people away from our field of view. With three cameras set up on tripods, we covered all the bases, the downside to this is having to arrive early and pretty much sit on site for around 3hr in the cold. But getting shots like this makes it worthwhile. Going to miss the fireworks this year, even the Scouts, whilst obviously a much smaller affair, there is a sense of community and they put on a good show with hot food and drinks on sale to munch on and sup as you watch the display and warm yourself by the mahousive bonfire. And a half hour in the cold night air is plenty for me ;-) 

No comments: