A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 31 December 2007

Tattoo and Ear Piercing Update

Once again yours truely has successfully healed another tattoo. The paw prints have settled down a treat and the flakiness etc. has gone leaving a wonderful enticing picture. Looking forward to seeing what Ben has sketched out for the next one, will most likely call into town sometime this week to get this one checked over and see the sketch at the same time.

My jewellery finally arrived last Saturday from piercing.org, these are the threadless labrets for my ear rim piercing. I had borrowed one from my nostril piercing to help eliminate the trauma caused by my winter hat but obviously the gauge of the nostril labrets is too small really. Glad I purchased the taper pin to help fit it and it took some encouragement so perhaps the hole had started to shrink already. Anyhow finally got it in and so far so good, the back of the labret is larger than for the nostril labrets but not too bad, popped in the gem end this morning so have a matching pair for this evening's do at the Country & Western Linedancing club. Here's hoping the labret works out OK over the winter months, I really like the rings but they get squashed by my winter hat and end up making my ear really sore and I don't want to have to retire it as I really like it and I've got this far with it. It'll have been done 2years this coming April but it's one of the most traumatic piercings I have had to heal. By comparison my nostril piercing was a walk in the park! Still no pain no gain as they say. Though the tattoos are by far easier to deal with both for healing and afterwards, there's nothing to get caught up on clothing etc. Think I will stick to them from now on!

No comments: