A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 10 December 2007

Lights for Love



Here's a photo of my daughter Julia putting her star
on the tree at the Lights for Love service. We went along to mark the 20th anniversary of my Mum's death this year (30th November 1987). The service is organised by the Wisdon Hospice, you make a donation in memory of a loved one and as my Mum died of cancer my brother and I thought it would be a good way to remember her. The photo on the right is my brother's star on the tree.
The service was held in Rochester Cathedral and it was a very busy evening, we had to sit on the sidelines for the service which mean't we didn't see much of what was going on, but we all lit candles and then transferred the flame to ones that stay lit in the Cathedral. Our words of remembrance were listed in the book which will be on show until the New Year.
All in all it was a very peaceful evening and I am glad we chose to do something different this year.

No comments: