A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 12 November 2007

Piercing & Tattoo Update

Spent some time yesterday trying out some nose pins that I bought in Claires at the weekend. Wondered whether the L shaped ones would be any better than the threadless labret that I’ve been wearing for ages, I wanted to test the waters so to speak before ordering any extra balls for the labret. Well I tried the bioflex nose screw I bought ages ago first, got it in but then had a devil’s own job to get it back out again. So cut the rounded end off to make it more L shaped and tried that, but after a couple of hours my nose started to feel sore on the inside so ended up boiling the labret to clean it and re-inserting that. Its definitely the most comfortable thing I have worn in it so far, so took the plunge and ordered two more ball ends in pink and blue to match my ear rim circular barbells, then a second full labret in blurple (blue/purple mix) and a gem end in plain polish with a black CZ stone. Then went to another site in the USA again to order a couple of seamless rings for both my ear rim and nostril. They are supposed to be made of a softer titanium that allows you to twist them open for fitting, a bit like wearing a BCR without the ball attached. Think these are maybe made of niobium which is also anodised similar to the titanium, so went for the colourful “oil slick” style. Hopefully they will be easy to fit and I just fancy trying a ring in my nostril piercing. If they fit OK I might get another pair but postage is a tad steep, it’s the equivalent of ordering a third ring so will have to go easy. Mind you the exchange rate is pretty decent at the moment so although it looks a lot in dollars, in pounds it is far more reasonable. My ear rim prefers the rings but as I have ordered a spare labret I am tempted to try it in my ear and see how it feels, if it seems OK I may just order one for my ear rim too, although that would work out a bigger expense. Could just order a blurple one to match my nose, that way I have a matching set all round :-)

This piercing lark is an ongoing expense whereas at least the tattoos are a one off cost. Talking of which mine seems to have healed pretty good, still have to apply moisturiser but that’s to be expected. I read somewhere that they can take up to 45 days to fully heal, but got the tattooist to check it over on Saturday and he was well pleased with it, as am I. Will have to have a serious think about other tatts but am keen to get some more at some point. I just feel at the moment that I need to have a rest from piercings and tattoos, give me chance to catch my breath and really decide what I would like next time …

No comments: