A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 3 September 2007

The Wedding!


What can I say about the wedding other than it was a very emotional day. I’m normally a bit of a cold fish when it comes to weddings having done the divorce bit but the speeches almost had me in tears. It was a long day for me as “official” photographer, I got picked up just after 12 noon and didn’t get home till almost midnight, lots of running around and changing of camera settings but it was quite an experience. Can’t see myself repeating it mind, people are not my forte, apart from candid shots, but hopefully the bride and groom will think I did a good job ;-) RAW is a good option for anything as important as a wedding and it gives you plenty of scope for adjustments, I’ve run off a few B&W ones too as they are quite classic for weddings, eliminating the colour seems to highlight the emotions instead. I certainly take my hat off to those people who do wedding photography for a living, they certainly earn their money, I was very stressed beforehand but once I got started I think I began to relax a bit. Our planning of a list of wanted shots went out the window in the end, I didn’t know anyone there apart from the bride and groom and so didn’t know which group shots were which so in the end we went with the flow and I let them decide which groupings they wanted and just clicked away with the camera. Fell in love with the cake, it summed up the bride to a tee, it was very untraditional and covered in all her favourite Winnie the Pooh characters, she wanted a relaxed and laid back kinda day and I think that’s what she got. They are off on honeymoon now soaking up the stunning scenery in Vancouver giving me time to process the shots, in between juggling a million other PC jobs!

No comments: