A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 27 January 2023

Dahlias Etc. For the Garden!


 So this Off Friday saw me and Dad take a mooch along to Dobbies for some bulbs for the garden. In particular dahlias which I have been waiting for to come on sale.

Also bought a red crocosmia to plant alongside the orange variety I already have. Really like the unusual flowers on this plant and the long, thin, grass-like leaves. 

All these will be a Spring planting session I'm guessing, need to check the packets for the suitable planting dates!

Also bought plant sticks and ties, mainly for the Amaryllis which is growing great guns at the moment, acting more like a Triffid! But it's on the cusp of flowering so looking forward to seeing those, Christmas Star is the variety, red/white flowers, so should look spectacular. 

Getting more into the gardening now, last year I planted lots of seeds in pots in the yard and had an abundance of colour all through the Spring/Summer. Always loved dahlias, so many different styles, so these are going to be planted in the border between me and my neighbour, the same border that I've purchased the recycled tyres edging for after I manage to get the old, crumbling brick edging out. Another job for the Spring - me thinks I'm gonna be busy!!!


No comments: