A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 27 November 2022

Busy Weekend!

 

So this has been a busy few days...

Thursday evening was late night shopping at Dobbies, went along with Dad and met Julia and James there, also took the opportunity to pay for the Christmas Day Dinner at The Honourable Pilot 😋 Bought a large LED candle (larger than I expected) for the hallway windowsill - takes just 2x AA batteries which is a far cry from the 9x AAA batteries that the three individual ones take 😱

Saturday tea-time saw us all head over to Leeds Castle for their first ever Christmas Lights Trail. In a word awesome - I've been to Bedgebury and it's very similar to that, think they are done by the same lighting team. Really good wander around the grounds and only a little rain towards the end.

And Sunday has been a day at the Royal Engineer's Museum for their 2nd day of the Wartime Christmas weekend. Really good to chat with the stall holders, Dad reminisced over the guns, reminding him of his National Service days. The museum has a lot to see so as the ticket is an annual one we'll no doubt be back again at some point. A good place to visit on a rainy day - which today was!

And Friday evening Dad and I visited Rochester Cathedral for the Lights for Love service by the Wisdom Hospice. Wrote out our messages on some stars which will be hung on the Christmas trees in the Cathedral. Re-lit the candles for loved ones lost and had free tea/coffee and mince pies in the crypt before heading home.

So yeah a very busy weekend, the collage above is a few from Leeds Castle and the Wartime Christmas event. Seeing as how financially the country is supposedly back in the 1950's poverty levels we could do worse than take a few tips from them in the make do and mend, keep it simple ways of living.


No comments: