A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 3 September 2022

Model Airshow

 

So Saturday saw Dad and I head off to Headcorn for a model aircraft show. In a word, awesome! Once these babies are in the air, most of the time you would never know them from the real thing. OK so some manoeuvres are somewhat stomach churning, if they indeed held a real life pilot, but suspect the little dummies, if they even have one, aren't particularly phased by being thrown around!

Some are also fairly hard to photograph especially when your lens isn't as long as you would like and moving objects aren't your forte.

But the Sports mode on the M50 coped reasonably well and I managed to follow them ably around the sky to get a few that I liked.

They had model car racing and boats on an impromptu pond too, so something for everyone.


Also had a good natter with the owner of this model boat RNLI 13-38 which is a model of the Shannon class boat that came after the one my Mum's name is on. How cool is that? It's interesting to see what the real life boat might look like especially given that it resides in Invergordon so not likely to be seeing it in the flesh any time soon. Kind of wish that the RNLI offered a small model of these boats to purchase when you do the Launch a Memory, although obviously you'd never see the names on something so small, geez I struggle to see it on the cushion I bought! But it is a wonderful way to remember a loved one and indeed my Step-Mum's name will be on the newest boat that has been named after Prince Philip.

Anyways we had a good day, the forecast storms didn't put in an appearance so we enjoyed the sunshine and spent lots of time snapping photos, especially on high speed mode for the aircraft. You come home to hundreds of photos that look remarkably similar only to play spot the difference when it comes to choosing which ones to keep and edit ;-)


No comments: