A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 29 October 2021

Pain in the Rear!

 

So this Thursday saw me spitting feathers over the fact that someone walking past my house allowed their kid to not only bash into my wall with their bike but to then, subsequently damage the corner breeze block in their efforts to free the bike pedal 😡 The fact that they didn't even have the decency to knock on my door to apologise was the final straw.

Fortunately my Dad's a real DIY whizz and so called round to take a look and see how best to fix it. This has involved him getting a replacement block, removing the old one and reseating the new one in place.

It's not like I'd have expected whoever it was to have offered to pay for the damage, although that would have been nice, but it's the fact that having damaged my property they just sloped off without saying anything.

Maybe they should be paying a little more attention to what their kids are up to instead of almost certainly staring intently at their mobile phone - which is what most parents seem to spend their time doing these days. Talk about dragging one's kids up. Even little ones get minimal attention, their parents preferring to while away the time on their phone rather than actually interact with their kids - you know PARENT them properly.

Not that phones were part of Julia's upbringing and I didn't have the luxury of having my Mum to guide me to being a good Mum but rest assured that if she had of been around and caught me behaving like that there would have been words. And quite right too. Having a child is a gift, so why do some parents treat it as though it's a chore???

No comments: