A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Lockdown No: 3

 

So, BoJo announced yet another Lockdown on Monday 4th January to kick off at midnight, so woke up to Lockdown Revisited III on Tuesday morning. Thought I would resurrect the image of Tedster and his "Stay Home" message albeit with a sepia tint this time around.

Realistically Tuesday morning wasn't any different to Monday morning, we're still all working from home, support bubbles are still allowed - thankfully, so for me it's the same old same old. Feel sorry for those with kids who are now back home for school e-learning. Hopefully with more structure than the last time around although equally it would have been better for everyone if BoJo got his act together and actually didn't wait until the 11th hour to make a decision. It's been obvious since the schools returned in Sept that whilst they probably aren't at risk from Covid-19 they are certainly one of the main groups spreading it around. Practically everyone I know who has caught it got it off their kids. So finally the penny dropped and the schools have closed, at least until half-term in February.

And the vaccine is starting to be rolled out, finally, although again nowhere near fast enough to reach the 14-15 million people that they hope to have vaccinated by half-term or end of Feb whatever the timeframe is supposed to be. They are gonna have to pull out all the stops to reach the 2 million a week that realistically they need to be doing to achieve that target. I'm expecting yet again for BoJo to disappoint us with yet another promise they just can't keep 😭

No comments: