A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 17 March 2013

Highlights and long time no speak!

Downloaded a Blogger app on my phone & tablet yesterday and realised its been a long while since I wrote anything to my blog. Its not that life is THAT boring but most of the time since we have had the smartphones I've been posting to Facebook just because its easier. That's not meant as an excuse just an explanation. Still, in reality, life moves on month after month pretty much the same and it can be hard to find a highlight worth posting about.
Anyway to remedy that, just before Christmas, Julia attended an interview at Christchurch university for a PGCE place for teaching art to the 11-18 year olds. To increase her chances of getting an interview she's been back at Greenacre Academy, in the art department, as an assistant teacher. They've even offered to pay her now for her time which she's chuffed about. Anyhow at the interview she was told she'd hear about her offer before Christmas but in the end the offers weren't posted until the New Year. Suffice to say she got her place which has now meant sitting the QTS literacy and numeracy skills tests before she can start the course this September. For those of you out there who are gonna suggest these tests are easy let me just say go to the Department of Education and try them out under exam conditions. They are NOT straightforward by any stretch of the imagination. I pride myself on being good at English but I struggled with the punctuation and the comprehension. But this Tuesday just gone, despite having a rotten cold and being snowed in on the estate, Julia passed her literacy on her 2nd attempt. To say I was proud of her would be a huge understatement, she's never swayed from her goal to teach art and in this day and age with many young people having no pride in going out and carving a career for themselves, I'm immensely pleased that she's so focussed. All we got to do now is get through the numeracy and she's home and dry!!!

No comments: