A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 19 August 2007

Torquay

Hi, just back from our week away in Torquay. Here's a quick snap of the two of us, taken by my daughter Julia as she's the expert in taking self portraits ;-) The backdrop is a public garden in Dartmouth, just one of the places we visited whilst we were there and for once its sunny. They call it the English Riviera but I think this summer meant it was as wet as everywhere else has been this year. The hotel we stayed in was like something out of Fawlty Towers, in fact I'm sure Basil was based on the owner of this place. He was so miserable and didn't make us feel at all welcome, more like an inconvenience! I would definitely go back to Torquay but not if it meant staying in the same place. We visited the Bygones Museum, Torquay Museum (on the rainy days), went ten pin bowling and popped into Paignton Zoo as our optional tour got cancelled at the last minute :-( The coach took us to Plymouth (good for retail therapy), Brixham, Dartmouth and Slapton. The driver was a right scream and made up for the miserable hotel bloke and our waitress Karley was really nice along with the cleaning staff. Still as usual we are glad to be back home, nothing beats your own bed and loo seat! Still got a second week off so will dodge the rain and find something to do. Lets hope it brightens up for the wedding on Friday. While we were in Torquay we also went to the theatre to see That'll Be The Day, an excellent rock 'n' roll show that we can thoroughly recommend. You can visit their website at (http://www.thatllbetheday.co.uk/) Its well worth a visit if its at a theatre near you.

No comments: