A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 24 March 2024

Pre-Easter Weekend

 

So this weekend I've been tackling my own garden before we get down to laying turf in Julia and James's garden next weekend (over the Easter weekend). This is the front garden all mowed and edged just before the rain came in for the whole afternoon - why are my days off wet and my work days nice and sunny??

And this is the back garden mowed and edged on Saturday morning before the rain & hail kicked in and the bird house acorn popped up on the garage wall complete with fake bird because trying to manage it at a height of 2m isn't going to work for me!


So here are some images of said hail, boy did it come down! Like bobbly snow! So much so it collected outside the backdoor 🥶


And because next weekend is potentially going to be busy I thought I would put up the Easter decs in the porch today!

And it's been productive on the gardening level as Dad came by and managed to dig out the two fuchsias that I've been trying to kill off because I'm fed up with them after all these years, too big for where they are growing and prone to the fuchsia gall mite which leaves them looking awful. So now the ground is clear for me to plant some ornamental grasses which I bought a few weeks ago, Festuca Intense Blue! Should be good.



No comments: