A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 18 February 2024

Spring is Sprung!

 

So Spring has started to make its presence felt in the garden with my bulbs shooting up and in some cases blossoming :-) Miniature Iris, Crocus and Snowdrops to mention a few.

Some have even started to push through the lawn although now I'm thinking I should have planted them closer together rather than spreading them out. And the wind/rain isn't helping as it's knocking them over when the stems are quite delicate.

Even the Hellebores are getting in on the act - I transplanted two from Dad's garden last year, one each of the purple and white. It's been quite slow going but I have new leaves and in the case of the white plant, some buds!! Looking forward to seeing them bloom, although nicknamed Christmas Roses they rarely flower at Christmas but are another sign that Spring is coming.

The rest of the bulbs planted last year are all coming up and buds are beginning to form, should see some daffodils soon from the pot I bought to go by Mum's sewing machine last year. They were planted into the garden where I would see them flower. I love daffodils. I have a mix in the garden of mainly daffs and tulips, even the alliums got planted into the front garden from last years pot - they were a disappointment, all white even though they were supposed to be mixed and instead of a collection of blooms I got one at a time pretty much. Lets hope they do better this year. Bluebells are the other bulbs popping up everywhere and I'll have a riot of blue a bit later.

At least its a sign that Winter is receding - evenings are staying lighter and hopefully better weather is on it's way.


No comments: