A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 6 August 2023

Busy Weekend

 

So whilst having a 5min break from the gardening I spotted this view from my perch in the garage doorway...

The crocosmia sitting behind the gate, fuchsia in the background (looking more healthy than it really is) and my garden Welcome sign.

So Julia dropped these lovely Halloween bits off when she swing by for a visit on Friday evening. I'd been after the Halloween equivalent of a "snow globe" after Jack posted a photo of his on Instagram. But I'd lucked out in finding anything remotely similar in the TK Maxx at either Chatham or Hempstead Valley. Julia and James however found these at the Maidstone store 😍 The iridescent pumpkin has some sort of spice bag inside it giving it a lovely aroma.

Sunday saw Dad and me head up to Chez Bailey for some more hands on garden makeover, sorting out the steps and raking/rotavating the soil ready for turfing at some point. We were one block short on the steps so Dad said he pick one up in the week and we used the stones found in the soil to backfill the gaps thus helping to shore up the blocks. The garden is definitely coming along rather nicely now.


No comments: