A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 20 July 2023

Hollibobs 2nd Week

 


So had a few outings in my holiday second week, Tuesday as it was supposed to be so nice and sunny we headed to Mount Ephraim Gardens only to find when we arrived that they don't open on Mondays or Tuesdays :-(

Struggled to find anywhere else around that area that was open so ended up at Riverside Country Park. Dad realised he'd left his sandwiches in the fridge so had to get the Café chap to know him up a cheese sandwich!

We spent the afternoon wandering along some of the pathways snapping on the cameras as we went. Back to the Café afterwards to tea and biscuits before heading home.



Wednesday, because we weren't too sure about the weather we headed to Tenterden for the K&ESR and a trip around Bodium Castle. We had a diesel train out and a steam train back. The stations look interesting and I think you could spend quite a bit of time checking out each station along the route and never visit the Castle. It turned out hotter than expected and no rain!



Thursday finally found us at Mount Ephraim Gardens, had the odd shower but we stood under the trees and we had gone prepared with macs and I wore wellies for the wet grass. Unlike many of the other visitors huddled under small umbrellas whilst it tipped it down!

It's a lovely garden and it would be good to actually visit it for once without rain. We struggled to understand why, during the summer months, that they wouldn't be open every weekday. Especially as the other local garden in the area, Doddington, was also shut the same two days - ridiculous.

Anyway it was a good but somewhat tiring three days - sometimes wonder how my Dad does it!



No comments: