A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 10 February 2023

Moving Anniversary & Amaryllis


So this Off Friday marked two years to the day that Julia and James moved into their new home only a stone's throw from where I live. How time flies! And it transpires that their new neighbours, following the passing of the old lady who lived next door to Julia & James, moved in today also! How weird! Apparently Julia was about to challenge some "bloke" rummaging around in the garage next door and then realised it was the new neighbour ;-)

It's also been another long week, all of it this time spent in the office prepping the plan for the next phase of the project. A laborious job not made any easier by the eagle eyed scrutiny of senior management who seem to think it can be done quicker - as always they are wrong but it doesn't stop them micromanaging us. Copious amounts of sweets have helped keep us sane 🍬🍫🍬

On an upbeat note the Amaryllis is flowering at a steady rate now, a couple of the original set of flowers from the first main stem are now dying off and the second stem is now flowering. Decided it was high time I took some proper photos of it so dug out the 77D and 50mm and 35mm lenses plus my ring LED light and spent the morning snapping away. Below is a quick phone transfer to make a collage for my journal app:

And here is probably my image of the day although it was hard to choose:

This variety is Christmas Star, a vibrant red and white, never had one of these plants before so being guided on its upkeep and subsequent preparation for storage by Dad who's managed to resurrect the bulbs for future flowering. Normally I'm not an indoor plant kind of girl, I'm all famine or feast on the watering and so they rarely survive. There are times when I wonder how I managed to raise my daughter 🤣 Still it appears to be thriving so must be doing something right!

Off to #MedwaysLights tomorrow evening with Dad, Julia and James, have a look around the illuminated installations albeit based in Chatham this year rather than Rochester. M50 fitted with a 22mm pancake lens will be the order of the night, it's an F2 lens, so fast enough for night photography although equally I'm not precious about using high ISOs if it gets me what I want - that's what JPEG and Canon built-in noise reduction is for. After all, who knows their cameras better than Canon??? Certainly not Adobe that's for sure. Looking forward to seeing how the event measures up against last year, certainly for me Rochester is a nicer area for this sort of thing and to be honest, until I'd randomly decided to download a map I'd no idea it had moved location this year. No wonder they decided on a Park & Ride based at the Yard. So yeah we'll see what's on offer this year to "showcase" the Medway Towns 🤔


No comments: