A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 12 February 2022

Medway Lights Festival

 

Went down to the Medway Lights Festival on Saturday evening with Dad - bit of a spur of the moment visit but we were very glad we went. Free parking on Jacksons Green at which we managed to bag a spot so not too far to walk back down into the High Street.

Lots of light installations dotted around the Rochester area:


This was a mirrored and lit up area which changed colours.


Fire shenanigans were held in The Vines.


Projections onto The Cathedral which were awesome.


Not sure if this will be an annual event or not, unsure if it's been postponed due to Covid-19 from a previous year, but it was really good, very well organised, lots of security around to help corral people in busy areas like the castle grounds.

All in all a really good event and one which was worth taking some photos of for this month's family photo challenge - Low Light & Night Photography.

No comments: