A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 12 February 2021

Grumpy Old Git!


Took this photo yesterday whilst trying to snap a few images around the garden of this year's snowfall. Could take the camera out I guess but as I'm always fearful of falling over, trying to use the camera and walk with my trekking poles proves kinda difficult. So I satisfied myself with a trek up the garden path to see what I could find. And as it was bloody cold too I was keen not to keep me or the camera outside for too long 🥶📷

Found a few bits to inspire me, including some small icicles on the shed roof, but this little character that stands in my neighbours garden I thought looked rather cheeky, especially shooting it through the vignette of the fence trellis. I think his sign reads "Never Mind The Dog, Beware of The Owner!" But I always think of the statue as the Grumpy Old Git. Not a reflection of my neighbour I might add, who is sadly no longer with us. But it kinda sums up his love of the garden and of course dogs, most of which belonged technically to either his missus or the kids but he was always the one the dogs went to as he did the walking, feeding etc. So his love of animals nearly always got him lumbered with looking after other's animals when the novelty of looking after them wore off. 

As time moves on, which it inevitably does, I will look back at this photo and remember him. A very down to earth, totally WYSIWYG kind of bloke, no airs or graces, just a really nice person. And lets face it, right now it doesn't always seem like there are many people like that about nowadays.

No comments: