A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Looking Back...

As I was walking home last night I passed a young girl "scootering" home from school with her Mum and a baby brother or sister in tow. Her uniform told me she was in Horsted school so at least no older than Junior level and it got me thinking back to my time when I was her age. Life was idyllic, we didn't even have homework then like they do now, life was one long round of playtime and endless fun. No worries or responsibilities, just lots of time out playing in the fresh air and making the most of being a kid. Long holidays that stretched out before us like a lifetime and plenty of them. We'd spend Saturdays at Nan & Grandad's and Sundays out with my other Nan and Mum & Dad. All sorts of special people there to make us feel warm and safe. Life fit for a child just as it should be. Would I want to go back to then if I could? Maybe, sometimes, just for a short while, see those special people again who are no longer here and leave life feeling a little more empty now. Forget for a little while the worries of work, paying bills and the rest of the baggage that we generally carry round as adults. Maybe thats why retirement seems such an attractive place to be? It's kind of a second childhood for grown-ups, time (and hopefully money) to do as we please again, the only downside being older, not necessarily wiser and wondering if our health will still be good enough to allow us to do all the things we put off "till we retire".

No comments: